There's only a few rules here. You will be warned three times (and the offending post or comment deleted) before you are banned.
1. Treat others as you wish to be treated. Flaming, trolling, and the like will not be tolerated. If you wouldn't want to hear it from someone else, don't say it.
2. Use some discretion and tact when posting about sensitive topics. This includes anything beyond the PG-13 level - if you wish to discuss such things, please be sure to lock the entry and use an LJ-cut. As long as such things are handled tastefully, there's no reason they can't be discussed here.
3. Please, no quiz results or ranting. Ranting is writing angrily and at length about something, often with no thought for how readers will react. If you want to bring an injustice or issue to the attention of everyone, phrase it constructively.
4. No "human-bashing." If you're sitting at a computer, you at least have the physical form of a human - so bashing humanity bashes yourself, as well. We are different, not better, than the people around us.
5. No religion-bashing, either. No bashing of anyone different from yourself, or of any group you belong to, unless it's clearly in jest. If you're not sure, don't say it - or add a note indicating the tone it was written in.
6. This is not a role-playing community. This is a community for those who truly feel themselves to be dragons, in some sense.
Your moderator at the moment is inuki42. She's also written a guide to LJ posting that you might find useful. Her biggest pet peeve is when people don't use the LJ-cut tag on long entries - so do yourself a favor and try to remember to use it. She can be reached at Inuki@ctyalcove.org.
Everything you see is subject to change, so make sure you check this page every so often.